Sunday, November 10, 2013

HTML and CSS hints via lynda.com


In the videos provided by lynda.com I learned multiple different things about web coding and I know am starting to understand everything that goes into it and what it is exactly. The informed me on exactly what cascading style sheets are and different types of things that I can do in order to make sure that CSS is used in the correct way. I know that HTML controls the document structure, and CSS, controls the look and feel. I learned that when you write CSS you are actually replacing default browser styling that has already existed. I learned all about the syntax of CSS and how it is properly set up. The videos also explained how HTML and CSS go hand in hand with each other. HTML is the language that makes it possible for different computers to communicate with each other. This, to my understanding, is the backbone of web coding. The lynda videos went in depth on how HTML is written and the different kinds of properties it can express. These properties include understanding whitespace and comments, displaying text with paragraphs, applying style to my HTML code, using block and inline tags, and Displaying characters with reference. The whole process of coding is very new to me. My knowledge barely exceeds copying and pasting code to edit a social networking page. I am starting to grasp how it actually works now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment